Thursday, September 17, 2009

Sometimes it's best to cut your losses.

I feel more and more like I don't belong here. By here I mean on earth, in society, a part of the human race. I don't think this means I've given up, I just think it means I've finally accepted the truth. I've been fighting tooth and nail for years and to what end? A sliver of happiness here and there? A sliver of happiness that's only taken away from me when I'm least expecting it? When I've just gotten used to standing on my feet the rug gets pulled from under me? I can't keep going on this way. Is it so wrong to just accept that you'll never win, you're always going to be an outsider and cut your losses? I don't think it's wrong. Especially in comparison to constant pain, mental anguish and anxiety. If an animal is living in constant pain we put it out of it's misery. Humane euthanasia. Why can't society just accept that sometimes humans are living in too much pain to go on and take the taboo away from ending it.

1 comment:

  1. Your true friends care about you, never forget that you have us, no matter what. You can always count on us to be there for you when you need us. We love you.

    You say you don't fit in, but who does? Who is to say what is normal and what is not? For all we know, we could be the crazy ones.

    ReplyDelete