Tuesday, June 29, 2010

It's been a while,

I haven't really blogged since moving, most of my writing has been in my hard copy journal lately. I enjoy the feedback potential of blogs, but sometimes I need to feel the paper under my hand, the scratch of my pen against it.

I've been in Colorado for nearly 2 months now. Funny, it seems far longer than that. Life here is different, definitely, but not in a bad way. I am in love with this state. It's absolutely gorgeous. Looking out our living room window, you can see the mountains. Looking out the side door, I can see our 9 horses. I don't do much looking through the glass these days, though. Whereas life in Michigan was a constant state of stasis, here I am living. Doing. Feeling. Loving. All that it entails. I have two fillies I'm working on halter breaking. Four basically unhandleable older horses and one very shy gelding I'm working on. Two colts that need halter breaking and socializing. A four month old puppy passed out across my feet to train. An amazing woman to forge a life with.

Gods, I'm happy. I really am. Not saying life is all sunshine and puppies, of course it isn't. But even the bad isn't so bad now. I'm in love, I have a home, I have a family. I have all I need in the world. The bad times fade quickly when I think about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment